- Regardless of your current number, how old do you actually feel? I'm 50 and physically feel early 30's and mentally 20's. I remember thinking my parents were SO old when they were in their 40's. Now that I've lived them I know that those embarrassing moments with my parents were that you do stay young mentally. But at this age you know when it's time to be silly and time to be a grownup. It's nice to be mature enough to know the difference that's for sure...back then not so much. lol
- Which is worse, failing or never trying? Never trying. I was never encouraged to try when I was young. But I knew with my own children this would change and I would encourage them to try anything they wanted and they DID. :) So I loved watching them grow and become the wonderful adults they are today.
- If the average human life span was 40 years, how would you live your life differently? I would have completed a college art degree. Although I enjoy the type of work I do now...it's not as satisfying and doing my artwork. I dream of doing this full time. Maybe when I retire or master PS which ever comes first. :)
- Are you more worried about doing things right, or doing the right things? Oh goodness...I'm tend to be a perfectionist so I struggle constantly. To quote Dali “Have no fear of perfection you'll never reach it.” I think of this quote when I get bogged down with trying to perfect things. But definitely depends...when it comes to work...doing things right and when it comes to dealing with people and choices...doing the right thing definitely worrisome when you need to consider others.
- Would you rather be a worried genius or a joyful simpleton? Joyful simpleton, simplicity is best I have no doubt.
- Have you been the kind of friend you want as a friend? Well...no. Even though being a Libra says I'm a social butterfly I'm not so much. I do have a couple really great friends that call often for my reality checks. But in RL and SL I enjoy my solitude...doing what I like. In SL my best friends have left and some newer friends IM from time to time...I'm never too busy for a good chat but horrible at checking in with them. In RL...I do come to a stop if my kids need me but all others can wait.
- Do you remember that time 5 years ago when you were extremely upset? Does it really matter now? No...I don't hold on to stuff...I put my big girl panties on and move on.
- At what time in your recent past have you felt most passionate and alive? Well that is the reason I've been thinking a lot about my life....this hasn't happened in some time. I love blogging and working on pics but RL is quite boring and been thinking I need to spend more time there. I looked at taking some art classes but the prices OMG...I spend pennies in SL in comparison. So I move forward looking to learn some new technique in PS.
- If you just won a million dollars, would you quit your job? No. If I didn't have my job I would go crazy or zone out in SL never to feel again. lol I like the whole process of getting up in the morning, shower, fight the traffic to spend 8 hours at work until quitting time to fight traffic to go home....see boring. Yeah I eat sometimes and...oh talk to people too.
- If you knew that everyone you know was going to die tomorrow, who would you visit today? I would tell my kids to come over and the 3 of us travel to see my mom. She and I don't have the best relationship but the woman gave me life...I would want to visit with her and my kids.
- What do you feel is the difference between being alive and truly living? Well being alive is what I'm doing now...as described above (#9) and truly living is doing what you are passionate about....for me right now is completing this meme.
- If we learn from our mistakes, why are we always so afraid to make a mistake? I suppose because of the way it makes us feel...but I laugh at them most times. Sometimes my life can be comedy of errors that happen all at once...what else can you do but say hey and laugh. Really most mistakes are not so serious anyway.
- What would you do differently if you knew nobody would judge you? I would have followed the Artist path. I had too much opposition with this....needing to do a job that makes money. Even though at that time women were becoming more independent we were still we pushed to do certain work, get married and have children. So here I am with 2 adult children, divorced and a boring job where I can spend most days on SL to feed my creative energy so I don't fall asleep at my desk.
- If you could offer a newborn child only one piece of advice, what would it be? Go ahead...suck your thumb! Who cares if they don't want you to...do it anyway and do it with passion!
Kunglers Extra - Elysium Earrings Copper *L'ACCESSOIRES*
[available in 3 metal/gem options]
Monso - My Hair Yong/ Black Brown
Damned - Selene Eyelashes
ISON - bodycon shoulder dress gold
Belleza - Ava Sk 0
Belleza - Ava SK Matte Lips 8
Poetic Colors - classic gen4 driftwood